17 April, 2014

A Bottle, Bose, and Playoff Hockey

Here’s a picture from tonight’s Phoenix/Nashville game at Jobing.com Arena. Talk about feeding today’s youth some playoff hockey.

How old were you when you attended your first playoff hockey game?  That child most likely has you beat at 3 months old.

A tap of the stick on the ice to our desert correspondent, Richard.

1. James wrote:

Was born in late August and the first place my parents took me in public was to see the Caps home opener that year. That baby will grow up to be awesome!

29 April, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Permalink
  2. Mike wrote:

My daughter went to her first hockey game at 9 months old. We live in Raleigh, and went in 2002 to see the Canes take on the New Jersey Devils. The Canes won, and at one point when a goal was scored it was so loud that we had no idea that she was crying. Tickets were only $15/ticket!

29 April, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Permalink
  3. My section-mates in 426 brought their eldest son, Jack, to his first Capitals game at 13 days old. He was a trooper too.

29 April, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Permalink
  4. Tina AKA Grandma wrote:

This little Canadian (Edmonton Oiler) hockey fan baby :) flew all the way to Phoenix to see this hockey game, as “ya-ya” the Edmonton Oilers did NOT even made the playoffs. GO Phoenix GO!
    From the baby boys Grandma.

30 April, 2012 at 10:32 am | Permalink
  5. Victor wrote:

Mike has me beat. The youngest I’ve ever seen at a Caps game were 3-week old twins, whose parents sat next to me at a January 1 game (I don’t remember the year, but the Caps slaughtered the Islanders–the score was something like 10-1). As I recall, they pretty much slept through it.

30 April, 2012 at 10:42 am | Permalink
  6. Kirstin wrote:

Great photo! We took our now 14-year-old hockey goalie to his first hockey game at two weeks and his first Caps playoff game (in April ’98) at just days older than two months. He was fascinated, even then… Usually he slept through the 1st and 3rd periods and watched the 2nd. :-)Gotta start ‘em young! :-)

30 April, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Permalink
  7. EL wrote:

I don’t know the exact dates – but in section 412 there are two young’uns whose pregnant moms were coming to games regularly (as STHs) and who each came to games pretty soon after birth. And they add fun for some of us others in the section!

2 May, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Permalink
  8. Walter wrote:

Took my son to his 1st game (Caps-Nordiques) when he was 6 weeks old. He’s getting married in 3 weeks. Time passes.

6 May, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Permalink