18 April, 2014

Washington’s Greatest Fatigue

It’s the only morning that Metro’s tolerable: the a.m. after a Capitals’ triumph in extended sudden death overtime, and the early shifters among the D.C. workforce who followed it all are snoozing from too early a summoning alarm clock. But they’re oh so proudly attired in the afterglow of high-stakes triumph.

It probably is most often hockey fans every spring who are the deepest sleepers on the early morning trains. Hockey’s playoffs exact a heavy toll on the devoted. Don’t disturb them. They’re dreaming of more high drama heroism in sports’ most taxing and exacting examination.

1. MaryRWise wrote:

I can relate!

21 April, 2011 at 11:06 am | Permalink
  2. Patrick wrote:

That guy probably was in attendance last night at MSG.
    The suspense, intrigue and excitement of the game accompanied with multiple libations seem to have taken its toll.
    Worth every second!

21 April, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Permalink
  3. Walt wrote:

I’ve been reading OFB for several years now, but this is clearly the most awesome post ever.

21 April, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Permalink
  4. Walt wrote:

P.S. Thanks to the picture taker for not trying to steal my laptop.

21 April, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Permalink
  5. There’s no way Mr. Sleepyhead found this file and chimed in! If that’s really you, Walt, thank you for the kind reflection, thank you especially for your years of patronage, and I hope you grabbed eight hours of undisturbed repose last night!

22 April, 2011 at 7:06 am | Permalink
  6. tracy stoline wrote:

All Caps fans better nap while they can during the day…to maximize our energy output during the games. ROCKIN’ THE RED, SLEEPYHEAD!

22 April, 2011 at 8:00 am | Permalink
  7. Bastinda wrote:

I live in Russia and when games begin at 7 pm in Washington or NY, it’s 3 am here. I have already met 3 sunrises (not four because of one early Sunday game). And you know what? I will watch all the PO games that are there to be played by Caps this season. But I want to sleep all the time)))

22 April, 2011 at 8:55 am | Permalink