24 April, 2014

Comeback Caps: Caps 4 / Rags 3 – 2OT

1. Ted wrote:

Comeback Caps but coming back against the Rangers is no accomplishment. Those were 2 soft teams who embody the soft identity of their establishment East Coast six figure making paper pushers of a population. How many scoring chances need to be GIVEN UP of an OFFENSIVE ZONE FACEOFF?? They better wake up and act like men or they’ll be playing the Stanley Cup Finals on their XBOX like the slobs they looked like tonight.

20 April, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Permalink
  2. JC wrote:

Sure, some of the play was sloppy, and I’m astounded at the comeback. That was amazing to watch.

20 April, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Permalink
  3. Ted wrote:

Oh and I think it was either late 3rd or in OT Gaborik was wide open and Neuvy made a nice save. If my eyes didn’t mistake me, I saw an open Ranger around the net on more than a couple of occasions during the entire game.

20 April, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Permalink
  4. Mike Rucki wrote:

The Caps must have watched last night’s Sharks game… what a comeback! The Rags are now 29-0-1 when leading after 2 periods. The Caps have never won a playoff game when trailing by more than two. A night of firsts.

20 April, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Permalink
  5. Sean wrote:

I take at least some of it back. I expected this team to fold after 2 pds. But I’m not holding my breath for a 5 game series. Come on Caps, prove me wrong. Let’s see if these guys can finally finish a team that is on the ropes.

20 April, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Permalink
  6. Valleycapsfan wrote:

Having seen so many caps teams on the receiving end of games like these, this was particularly SCWEEEET!!!!

20 April, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Permalink
  7. Ted wrote:

Weren’t Caps down 3-0 to the Flyers in the ’88 Game 7?

20 April, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Permalink
  8. Letz_go_Caps wrote:

Yes, but that particular 3-0 deficit was completely erased before the third period had even started.

21 April, 2011 at 1:49 am | Permalink
  9. @TED & Letz_Go_Caps: You’re right, I should have said “The Caps have never won a playoff game when trailing by more than two after two periods,” which is correct.

21 April, 2011 at 11:02 am | Permalink
  10. DONNAB wrote:

can anyone out there explain why Boudreau keeps putting Ovechkin on the point during the powerplay?..

21 April, 2011 at 11:44 am | Permalink