20 April, 2014

New Generation, Same Old Agony

1. Ted wrote:

Compared to the total eocnomic/government collapse that will take place over the next decade plus a possible third world war, losing tonight doesn’t feel so bad. I just hope we’ll have enough time to win a Stanley Cup. This is the only way I can deal with yet another post-season collapse. It happend to Detroit before they won in the 90s heck even the Oilers in the early 80s. I just don’t think I have the time or money to spend paying attention to the Caps until the next time they have a chance to put a team away in the post-season. Life is hard enough as it is.

28 April, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink
  2. OvieTracker wrote:

We all hurt in different ways.

Some might call me foolish or too emotionally invested in the Caps as a team and Ovie as a player. So sue me. It is what it is. I won’t apologize for my feelings, they run too deep.

Ovie, I feel for you, really I do. Right now I feel gutted with my heart ripped out of my chest. What’s going on in your mind, in your heart of hearts now? I’d give anything to know the truth, so that a shared grief can make the healing go faster.

28 April, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink
  3. Ted wrote:

I’ve wasted what little youth I have left on mere unfulfilling entertainment. Unbelievable.

29 April, 2010 at 12:00 am | Permalink
  4. Marjolaine wrote:

Dear OvieTracker: I do know how you feel, believe it or not. We all know the feeling of loosing and I’m sad for you. I really am. I just got done reading an interview here http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=527468
    and I think, what an idiot interviewer. I bet it’s one of those blond chicks from Versus asking all these questions (sorry to all the blonds out there and the women although I am a woman too). What do you expect the poor guy to say. Did you see Habs’ Markov talk to OV at handshake time for ten seconds. They played on the Russian team togother. I’m sure Markov had kind words.

I’m really sorry.

29 April, 2010 at 12:19 am | Permalink
  5. mooky wrote:

What I loved was that Ovi raised his stick this evening to thank the fans, and I know that he was as disappointed as anyone that they found themselves in this position. That’s why I love Ovi, and the Caps.

29 April, 2010 at 12:50 am | Permalink
  6. khuddle wrote:

1) Time for Bruce to go. He’s been great, and built this team into a playoff contender, but he clearly cannot take them to the next level. They need a Mike Babcock, Mike Keenan type: a tough, hardnosed, single-minded disciplinarian.
    2) Trade Mike Green. He is talented, and can thrive under a particular setting, but he is NOT what this team needs.
    3) Go out and sign TWO top notch FA defencmen (eg. Vochenkov
    and Hamhuis).
    Despite their poor play this series, I think the offence for this team is fine. If they had ANY defensive support, this series would have ended a long time ago.
    It really boils down to McPhee. He hasn’t done anything for the last two year, other than the Mike Knuble pick-up (which was good) and some minor tweaks (some good Chimera others a waste of time Belanger Corvo). This is the year he HAS to get it done. Next year we get to see Alzner and Carlson full time which in itself will do wonders to our defence. McPhee MUST make bold moves this year, pick up major league talent on D. If we can significantly bolster the D while minimizing losess to the O, let Varly get another year experience under his belt, we’ll be in good shape for next year.

29 April, 2010 at 2:10 am | Permalink
  7. Hittman wrote:

@KHUDDLE:

Yes, Boudreau and about 6 players need to go, but please don’t bring in Keenan. He’s a team destroyer. This team needs to give up 1-2 or its finesse guys (ahem, Mike Green, ahem) and bring in Shea Weber or his equivalent.

29 April, 2010 at 7:22 am | Permalink
  8. josh in TX wrote:

I hope they don’t do too many changes. As much as I am completely devastated by the loss it’s been more fun following the Caps in the past 3 years than any other team in sports in my 40 years on this Earth. Don’t bring in Keenan. Don’t replace Boudreau. Playoffs in the NHL are an unpredictable thing. Gotta give it another year.

29 April, 2010 at 9:09 am | Permalink
  9. Paul wrote:

Maybe next time he should be doing the freaking punching. This team is un-freaking-believable.

29 April, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Permalink