After seeing the buses from Quebec parked outside the Verizon Center and hearing the slurred taunts (in French, natch) on the way in, I knew it was going to be an interesting game. I also heard it was a sellout, which definitely seemed to be the case once I got inside. Even the club level was pretty full.
The havoc started early, with the seemingly endless “Let’s Go Habs” chants and boos for Theodore. Section 422 in particular was awash in red Canadiens jerseys and loud voices. Luckily, there were many Caps fans nearby to counter the Habs love.
- Is Bob McDonald one of the best anthem singers, or is it just me?
- I’m disappointed that Laraque was a scratch. I always love a good Brashear- Laraque fight.
- Great breakaway early on by Ovechkin, but that slam into the boards had to hurt.
- These give-and-go goals have been phenomenal. Not to sound all Don Cherry or anything, but it’s a great lesson for the kids; it shows that the basics still matter.
- RDS is running a poll during the game. Courtesy of Google Translate: “The Capitals are they a better team with Jose Theodore they were with Cristobal Huet?” Oui or non?
- Speaking of RDS, the typical “Ovechkin or Crosby” article was on their website. After translation, some highlights emerged. Too bad Carey Price wasn’t in net.
- The second goal of the game was amazing. Ovechkin: is there anything he can’t do?
- Nice deflection by Dave Steckel for the third goal of the game. Somewhere, a Leaf fan is smiling.
Ovechkin, he score goals in abundance. At 23 years, he has almost 200.
It is never easy for a goalkeeper to stop the firing of Alexander the
“I close my eyes and I hope that the puck is going to touch me,” said Price, smiling in the corner…”It is so explosive that can win a game alone. It marks a lot of goals and an athlete that is very pleasant to play,” to Price.
For a pool of hockey players they choose Crosby or Ovechkin?
“Probably Ovechkin, he points dramatically,” says Price.
What a great way to spend a Friday night- full house, energetic crowd, shutout. If only every game night was like this one!